Car Accident Statistics in Missouri
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the car accident-related death rate has dropped significantly in the past 20 years, from approximately 130 car accident injuries per 100,000 people to roughly 75. However, this still too many, and the majority of car accidents resulting in severe injury and death were avoidable.
Many harmful car accidents in Sedalia and throughout the state of Missouri occur due to mistakes and dangerous behaviors such as:
- Failure to heed traffic signals such as red and yellow lights, stop signs, yield signs, etc.
- Turning right at red lights without heeding oncoming motorists turning left or making U-turns
- Driving too fast or without due caution in order to compensate for poor time management
- Over-correcting, swerving, or making jerky motions in order to avoid a collision
- Brake-checking drivers who are following too closely
- Talking, texting, reading, gaming, or otherwise using a mobile digital device
- Driving while drowsy, emotionally compromised, drunk, or medicated
- Looking down at something inside the vehicle, even for a brief moment
- Going the wrong way down a one-way street
- Road rage and aggressive driving
Most related accidents come down to paying attention and remaining calm, collected and decisive while behind the wheel, as well as adhering to traffic laws and advised safety practices. Avoiding such accidents can help you keep yourself, your property, your loved ones, and everyone else on the road safe. However, when other drivers fail to do so, you can be hurt as a result and may need an attorney in order to make things right.
Car Accident Attorneys Serving Injured People in Sedalia
At Kempton & Russell, we provide personalized, attentive legal service for injured people who have suffered as a result of the negligence, carelessness, or reckless behavior of another person or entity. Our Sedalia car accident lawyers handle personal injury cases of all kinds and may be able to help you establish liability and recover compensation in order to make up for your suffering and losses.
Connect with a Sedalia car accident lawyer today by calling (660) 722-4115, or send us a message to set up a free consultation.