MSHP Reports High Numbers of Commercial Motor Vehicle Crashes in 2016
The Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium of the Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) reports the following figures regarding commercial motor vehicle crashes in Missouri in 2016:
- - Total fatal crashes: 115
- - Cases of personal injury resulting from commercial motor vehicle accidents: 2,678
- - Cases of property damage resulting from commercial motor vehicle accidents: 11,374
- - Fatal crashes that occurred in clear weather: 69
- - Fatal crashes that occurred in cloudy, rainy, or otherwise inclement weather: 61
- - Persons killed by drivers holding CDL or Operator licenses: 21
- - Crashes that occurred on gravel or other dry or sandy roads: 9,591
- - Crashes that occurred in wet, snowy, icy, muddy, or otherwise dangerous roads: 1,976
- - Crashes that occurred on level, straight roads: 8,764
- - Crashes that occurred on curved roads: 2,022
While some truck accidents are particularly dangerous (such as those that occur on curved or wet roads), the vast majority occur during daylight and on flat, straight roadways. This means that other drivers are always at risk when sharing the roadway with commercial vehicles, regardless of the weather conditions, time of day, etc. Given the prevalence and likelihood of dangerous truck accidents in Missouri, it is imperative that you and your loved ones know who to call if you experience a crash involving a commercial vehicle.
Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Clients in Sedalia, Warrensburg, Marshall, & Throughout Missouri
At Kempton & Russell, we have the skill, knowledge, and experience to provide effective representation for people who have experienced physical injuries and property damage during track accidents. We know how to conduct your truck accident investigation in a way that will help bolster the strength of your claim and give you a better chance of receiving the compensation you need for medical bills, lost income, and other personal and financial losses.